All SacRT bus routes in the downtown area will detour with the exception of route 33. Light rail service will not be affected. Below is a list of the road closures and their respective times. All bus stops within these areas will not be served during the street closures.
If you use a SacRT bus stop from 5th Street to10th Street between L Street and N Street, you may want to consider making alternative commute arrangements.
The concert is scheduled for 5 p.m. on Monday, August 21, and a large crowd is expected. Sunday and Tuesday will be for set up and tear down of the concert.
- Capitol Mall between 8th and 9th Streets will be closed from 4:00 a.m. on Sunday to 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday
- 9th Street between N and L Streets will be closed from 4:00 a.m. on Sunday to 6:30 a.m. on Monday; closed again from 9:30 a.m. on Monday to 6 a.m. on Tuesday
- Capitol Mall between 5th and 8th Street will be closed from 9:30 a.m. on Monday to 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday
- 6th Street between L Street and Capitol Mall will be closed from 9:30 a.m. on Monday to 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday
- 7th Street between L and N Streets will be closed from 9:30 a.m. on Monday to 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday
- 8th Street between L and N Streets will be closed from 9:30 a.m. on Monday to 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday
- 10th Street between L and N Streets will be closed from 2:00 p.m. on Monday to 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday
On Tuesday, August 8, the intersection of Broadway and 59th St will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. During this time, Route 38 (to University/65th Street) will take a detour via 14th Avenue. Two additional days will be required for the construction work, but these have not been determined yet by the City of Sacramento. More information will be provided as it becomes available. During the detour, the following bus stops will be missed:
Broadway & 55th St (stop #901)
Broadway & 57th St (stop #902)
Broadway & 60th St (stop #903)
Broadway & 62nd St (stop #904)
Broadway & 64th St (stop #905)
Starting Wednesday, August 9, a portion of Broadway westbound will be closed. Work is expected to occur for several weeks and will only occur during weekdays. An updated completion date will be provided as soon as it is determined. During the closure Route 38 to River Oaks will detour via 14th Ave from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The following bus stops will be missed:
Broadway and 64th St (stop #3650)
Broadway and 61st St (stop #3651)
Broadway and 59th St (stop #3652)
Broadway and 57th St (stop # 3653)
Broadway and 55th St (stop #3654)
Friday, August 25 - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Special Service Trains and Extended Folsom Service
Beginning May 8 through mid-September 2017, the Louis Orlando Transit Center will be temporarily closed for construction.
During construction Roseville Transit, Sacramento Regional Transit and Placer County Transit buses will temporarily pick up at Auburn Boulevard before Auburn Oaks Court and Twin Oaks Avenue. Route schedules will remain the same.
- Covered passenger boarding areas, with better ADA access, seating, enhanced lighting, and security cameras - Improved bus loading spaces - Landscaped public park-and-ride lot, with 44 spaces and electric vehicle charging stations - Bike lockers and racks
Construction costs are approximately $3.65 million, funded by federal and state grants.